This plugin for RPG Maker MZ allows you to create names and animated icons for any event that uses a sprite. It comes with active and passive event commands which let you handle the setup in different ways to make it easier to use. The plugin also features a proximity setting that can be adjusted freely between the two types of display. You can also remotely change the icons/names at any time.
This script was written as a standalone. In general there shouldn’t be any compatibility issues if you don’t use other plugins related to the gameover screen. I can not guarantee that it will work in all cases. If you wish to use this plugin it’s at your own “risk”.
The current version of this plugin requires my core plugin in order to work. You can always get the newes version of the core right here.
This plugin may be used for non-commercial projects as long as you credit “Mewgles”. You do not have to inform me in case of a release of your project.
If you wish to use it for a commercial project, you’ll have to purchase the commercial version listed below.
You are not allowed to redistribute or alter my work in any way.
The current version of this script is 1.10.
June 5, 2021
– Enabled core plugin support. The new version now needs my core plugin to run. This is for ensuring future compatibility to my other plugins. The core is include inside the download for version 1.10
– Moved the font registering to the core plugin
– Fixed a bug that didn’t apply default name settings
– Fixed a bug that might crash the game when a map got deleted
– Names can now have a unique vertical offset for each event
– Moved the icon location into the img/shownames_icons folder to avoid inflating the img/system folder too much. Please make sure to move your icon files to the new folder after the update.
– Commercial Version: Added a function to mass change event names and signs
April 9, 2021
– Fixed a bug that crashed the game when an event id was missing on the map
– Minor code optimization